Karen and Paul organized Transport Hero Camp today; a BarCamp for public and the youth delegates from the Youth Summit on Sustainabile Urban Transportation / CUTA / ACTU .
Random observations (some of which you can see in image format above):
- As a national event, it would have been great to have simultaneous English/French translation.
- Paul and Karen did a great thing (they made the difficult look impossible); this was an excellent gathering with savvy youth!
- I am still energized by Gil Penalosa's presentation last Wed (my 10 minute N95 video which is embedded below) to go beyond baby steps in bicycling. How's this for a non-baby step? Bike sharing and secure bike parking at every major transit node in every metropolitan city in Canada (Metro Vancouver, Calgary, Monrtreal, Toronto, Ottwaw, Hamliton, etc!
- Can I vote for Paul! Oops I can't because he is running in Surrey!
- Open Source Bike Sharing?!? why does it have to be monolithic? why does it have to be funded by ads?
10 minutes of Gil Peñalosa's presentation
http://blip.tv/file/1191401 (for those who can’t see the flash video player embedded below)