It's hard to believe how time flies, but the 5th Northern Voice (for the 5th time I am one of the organizers) starts tomorrow with the Federico's dining and dancing opening party,(Scott Nelson with a bit of assistance from myself are providing the WiFi, thanks Scott!), Friday begins the conference proper with a fab social media 101 track organized by Rahel Anne Bailie and Anita Webster, a fantastic mobile track, the MooseCamp unconference and a Stewart Butterfield keynote and Saturday is the more traditional conference day.
So, I don't really have the time but since I love Mozilla, here's one of my Mossecamp ideas for Friday (if you like it, see you on Friday assuming it's accepted!):
In a nutshell:
- 10 people will signup up to have Roland tape 1-12 second videos of them live (i.e. no editing) on "One way the internet has changed their life."
- Roland will post them to flickr with a Creative Commons Attribution License to the Mozilla Net Effects Flickr Group
- The people in the session will watch them and vote on the "best" one (majority rules, my "best" definition: bonus points for fun, other languages, cool things but of course your definition is up to you!)
- Winner gets a prize. Prize will be a free 1:30 second video taped by Roland on his Nokia N82 on Friday at Moosecamp and edited on iMovie by Roland and submitted to flickr and possibly some Mozilla swag from Zak
More background from Zak:
- flickr group - http://www.flickr.com/groups/mozillanetfx/
- Mozilla Net Effects page - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Foundation/Program/Net_Effects
- Zak's blog post: explaining why videos and the idea behind this! - http://zak.greant.com/what-does-the-net-mean-to-you
Disclaimers and other Blah Blah
- Zak is an employee of the Mozilla Foundation
- Roland is Zak's friend, doesn't work for Mozilla but loves Firefox