It's been 6 months since a few mobile folks met in Helsinki for Nokia Open Lab 2008 as Mike Maddaloni and CT Moore have pointed out and my mind is still reeling. It's time to start thinking about a Mobile Open Lab 2009. I say worldwide, done via our mobiles, self organized and distributed! What say you? [the following is in the order it was on the 2008 wiki, forgive me for omissions and typos!] Mike, Steve Dembo, Rebecca, Whatleydude, Gwapz, Eddie, Nick, Solobasssteve, Philip, CT, Glenn, Mickipedia, Rahul, Steve Rumsby, Chletten, Apocalypso, Jussi, Jason, Rafe, Jen, Thej, cybette, tnkgrl, Matti, Mikko, Nate, Antti, Nick, Vinnie, Kristine, Yuhui, Anne, Janne, Anssi, Brian, Luis, and Stefan please update the Mobile Open Lab 2009 wiki page with your ideas or leave a comment here! And let's get the ball rolling!
Ideas from Roland Tanglao (Vancouver, Canada)
flickr: roland, twitter:rtanglao, nokia chat:rtanglao, jaiku:roland, qik:roland
(NB these are just brainstorming ideas!!!!!! No commitment implied :-) ! )
- the "original 50" are all co-organizers and responsible for organizing in their home town
- the original 50 must present a mobile 10 minute or less "1 year later" status/way forward/whatever and must recruit at least 1 participant in their home town to present as well!
- done via mobile video streaming e.g.ustream, qik, kyte, mogulus, etc. for 2 days world wide & archived
- the 2008 workshop presenters will reprise their workshops in a 2009 stylee
- a user vision of the way forward for nokia and the mobile industry
- "raise a barn " i.e. create a mobile app / site / something that we all agree on beforehand for a cause that we all believe in
- Things I can help with: Drupal, Bug Labs Bug, S60 Python, "dis-coordination" :-), blogging, wiki gardening
- Things I am not so good at: getting sponsors (do we need any?), politics, web design
- Looking forward to the cool ideas from others!
Leave a comment on github