More stream of consciousness this time focused on photos (after taking about 50 from a bicycle today):
- Sure would be nice to be able to turn off the touch UI. Many times I accidentally touched the screen and switched to the secondary camera, accidentally engaged the digital zoom or changed some camera setting that I didn't want to change.
- Would be nice to have the 'touch the screen' focus that the iPhone 3GS has. Unbelievable that Nokia didn't come up with this first!
- The new camera chip and software is fast! The new 1/1000 shutter speed means it's very difficult to take blurry photos in sunlight which for me is a drag (but admitedly my obsession with taking blurry photos of passing trains, cars and buses is not normal :-) !) I want my blurry photos back, anybody know how to do this? I tried night mode and setting the ISO to the lowest setting to no avail.
- ShoZu crashed but this is not a surprise since I am using the 5800 version i.e. an unofficially unsupported version.
- Would be nice to have a mechanical latch to prevent the keyboard from sliding out while taking pictures during my bicycle ride!
- All in all I like the camera for taking stills (video is next thing to try) but I think that if you are focused on photos then a more traditional form factor phone without touch like the N86 8MP would be the way to go.