- Forgot to blog about meeting up (at Revolver naturally :-) !) with Simon Goring (research blog, personal blog, twitter) a few weeks back.
- He’s a University of Wisconsin scientist who somehow lives in Vancouver.
- He’s a really nice, down to earth scientist who knows about open data (including R language stuff!), open science, paleogeoscience and the neotoma paleocology database aka neotomadb.org and many other things that I know nothing about.
- We talked about my Tshirt information visualizations and he suggested that I check the average colour algorithm to see if I am getting the colours I should be getting. And to look into assertions for R.
- Unfortunately no picture silly me I forgot!
Leave a comment on github