tl;dr: 2 XLR Mics -> Roland Duo Capture EX battery powered USB interface -> USB to Lightning Cable -> iPhone -> Audioboom iOS App
- 2 Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR mics are plugged using XLR cables into a
- Roland Duo Capture EX USB Interface that is battery powered with 3 AA batteries and we monitor using Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphones.
- The USB Interface is plugged into an USB to Lightning cable which is plugged into
- an iPhone 7 Plus running the Audioboom iOS app (there's an Android app too)
- We record using the Audioboom iOS App and upload directly to Audioboom's servers. No muss no fuss, no editing! Our 10 minute podcast is usually live in less than 1 hour (usually less than 45 minutes!) from ordering our coffee to recording to being available for your listening pleasure on the internet!
- Future possible enhancements:
- I'd love to use 2 bluetooth mics or some other wireless mics and get rid of the USB interface
- I'd love to record into a simple iOS podcast recording and light editing app (not Garageband) and do some minor audio editing before uploading to Audioboom!