- We will have an ML Winter.
- Like the "AI Winter" it will cause a backlash and a decrease in funding.
- Maybe when machine learning causes a car to crash and kill folks in a city?
- Maybe when expert systems like Alexa, Siri and Google Now fail spectacularly?
- I think it's a question of if not when but hopefully I am wrong.
- Machine Learning is better but mainly because of more memory, faster networks and faster CPUs. But it's not a breakthrough as far as I can tell; it's still based on 1940s-1960s neural networks and other "AI".
- I'm hoping for a 21st century breakthrough.
- In spite of that I think self driving cars powered by machine learning can and will work in dense urban centres.
Leave a comment on github