- Of all the silos I use, Flickr has had the best run at not breaking things. Their API works but little things have broken over time like their datetaken dateuploaded urls, embedding has changed, etc
- How best to prepare for the coming github breakage :-) ? No disrespect intended to github but it's a fact, it will happen!
- For github pages you are covered since you have the files in git on your computer or in a cloud you control.
- For gists, I would say copy and paste the code into a blog post on your domain.
- For links to code like yesterday, I would copy and paste the entire code here and again make sure your git repo is backed up!
Leave a comment on github