- UPDATE: 31October2020, the problem with X11 and shadow graphics device driver was fixed, see the next post: Recompiled R 4.0.3 to not use X11 and to use cairo and now png() works without an X11 error and without a shadow graphics error
- Please refer to previous post: Cannot compile RStudio server on Raspberry Pi 4 8GB RAM Debian 10 Buster
- I switched to Ubuntu Server Bionic Beave 184.108.40.206 in order to be able to compile RStudio (Debian Buster is not a supported OS for RStudio as of this writing. But Bionic is!). And it was easy thanks to Ubuntu-Server-raspi4-unofficial. Thanks James Chambers!!!!!
- First you need to compile SOCI with
CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD set to
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DWITH_BOOST=ON -DWITH_ORACLE=OFF -DCMAKE_CXX_STANDARD=11
- Here’s how to compile RStudio itself:
- And it’s working except that plots don’t work in R Studio which is a major loss of functionality, since it’s nice to see the plots running on the same machine. Sad face but still hopeful: here is the error message:
Error in RStudioGD() :
Shadow graphics device error: r error 4 (R code execution error)
In addition: Warning message:
In grDevices:::png("/tmp/RtmpY0wRLe/26bdb48e96ab4a4b9ab8e49c79b53183.png", :
unable to open connection to X11 display ''
- PNGs also don’t work unless you add
type="cairo" or use
xvfb-run to run with a Virtual X11 frame buffer.
Leave a comment on github